|School Nurse Assistant-CNA|
Share | |
|School Nurse Assistant (CNA)
Start Date: Immediately
Team: School Operations
About Achievement First
Change requires change agents. Across our growing network of 30 high-performing public charter schools, our students in historically underserved communities enter our doors looking for a great education. We are looking for you. We are a network of innovators, of dedicated teammates committed to pursuing excellence for ourselves, our students, and our families.
We believe in the fierce urgency of now. In our classrooms, our students benefit from high-quality, rigorous, and engaging instruction infused with a contagious enthusiasm for content and learning. Our students know they can and will achieve, and every day we work to provide them with opportunities for deep intellectual engagement across all subjects and content areas. Our students will graduate from top colleges and universities and then will have access to all of the life and leadership opportunities that flow from a great education. Our students will change the world.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a CNA to join our team. The CNA is a key member of our team and is primarily responsible for providing our scholars with quality health services and connecting our families with community resources.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Act as a proactive liaison between children, families and health care resources to access and coordinate care
• Assess situations involving students’ safety
• Work as part of a school-wide team to encourage healthy living
• Support School Nurse in tracking and manage health data to identify trends, improve student health outcomes, and reduce the spread of illness.
• Up to date CNA license
• Demonstrated experience working in low-income communities;
• Passion for the mission of Achievement First and enthusiasm for working as a member of a dynamic team;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team;
• Bilingual, English, and Spanish, strongly preferred.
• Demonstration of strong interpersonal judgment
• Self-motivated leader who can work independently as well as part of a team
• Understands and respects the diversity of families’ economic, linguistic and cultural backgrounds and situations
Compensation and Job Type
This is an hourly role and compensation is very competitive.
Please visit the Achievement First careers site at http://www.achievementfirst.org/careers/. Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/.