Start Date: Rolling
Location: Brooklyn, New York
About Achievement First:
Change requires change agents. Across our growing network of high-performing public charter schools, our students in historically underserved communities enter our doors looking for a great education. We are looking for you. We are a network of innovators, of dedicated educators committed to pursuing excellence for ourselves and our students, of content nerds with a deep knowledge and love of subject matter, and of advocates with an unwavering commitment to inspiring all students to reach the high expectations that help them succeed.
We believe in the fierce urgency of now. In our classrooms, our students benefit from high-quality, rigorous and engaging instruction infused with a contagious enthusiasm for content and learning. Our students know they can and will achieve, and every day we work to provide them with opportunities for deep intellectual engagement across all subjects and content areas. Our students will graduate from top colleges and universities and then will have access to all of the life and leadership opportunities that flow from a great education. Our students will change the world.
About the Role:
The Principal Executive Assistant will support the Principal and will work closely with other members of the school and leadership teams on various tasks and projects. The ideal candidate is highly personable, systematic, and extremely organized, who possess exceptional multi-tasking abilities and excellent written and verbal communication skills. They deeply believe in the Achievement First school model and is committed to helping build a network of high-performing schools.
Responsibilities of the Principal Executive Assistant will include but are not limited to:
Scheduling and Administrative Support
- Manage internal and external communications to ensure flawless scheduling.
- Serve as a secretary for weekly meetings, prepare weekly communications to parents and staff, and assist the Principal and Dean on projects as needed.
- Coordinate calendars for the Principal and leadership team.
- Process mileage and credit card reimbursements.
Research, Data Analysis and Project Management
Writing and Communications
- Draft and edit documents to ensure accurate and effective communication.
- Maintain daily email and phone correspondences.
- Share office coordinator responsibilities.
- Assist the Student Services Manager with coordination of school events, test administration and processing, production and distribution of school memos, etc.
- Maintain an organized and warm office aesthetic.
- Conduct weekly supply inventory/equipment check and restocks as necessary.
Skills and Characteristics
- Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid technical skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a “whatever it takes” disposition.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution.
- Experience as an executive assistant or principal assistant highly preferred
Compensation for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/. In your cover letter and outreach, please note your preferred geography.