Start Date: Rolling
About Achievement First:
Change requires change agents. Across our growing network of over 30 high-performing public charter schools, our students in historically under served communities enter our doors looking for a great education. We are looking for you. We are a network of innovators, of dedicated educators committed to pursuing excellence for ourselves and our students, of content nerds with a deep knowledge and love of subject matter, and of advocates with an unwavering commitment to inspiring all students to reach the high expectations that help them succeed.
We believe in the fierce urgency of now. In our classrooms, our students benefit from high-quality, rigorous and engaging instruction infused with a contagious enthusiasm for content and learning. Our students know they can and will achieve, and every day we work to provide them with opportunities for deep intellectual engagement across all subjects and content areas. Our students will graduate from top colleges and universities and then will have access all of the life and leadership opportunities that flow from a great education. Our students will change the world.
The Office Coordinator is the face of the Achievement First campus and a key member of the school’s operations team. The primary responsibility of the Office Coordinator is to operate a welcoming and efficient main office. The Office Coordinator will work closely with the Student Services Manager and will report to the Director of School Operations. The ideal candidate is a highly personable, systematic, and extremely organized worker-bee who deeply believes in the Achievement First school model and is committed to helping build a network of high-performing schools.
Responsibilities of the Office Coordinator will include but are not limited to:
- Welcome visitors; serve as gatekeeper to address questions and minimize interruptions of the school admin team
- Answer phones, redirect inquiries as may be appropriate and relay messages to staff in a timely manner
- Receive and distribute mail and shipments
- Maintain a clean and organized office environment; maintain complete sets of commonly used forms for staff and families
Student Information, Data, & Reporting
- Use Achievement First’s Student Information System (SIS) to reconcile student attendance daily
- Use the SIS to maintain and update all student contact/demographic information, as directed by the Student Services Manager
- Manage student issues, such as processing late arrivals and following-up with the families of absent students
- Assist student services manager and director of school operations with the administration and processing of regular student tests
- Produce accurate and timely student attendance, disciplinary, honor roll, and other reports for the school admin team
- Assist student services manager with compilation of data for various reports
School Communications & Documents Archive
- Produce letters, memos, and other notices
- Ensure that past memos, notices, and other school-specific documents are posted to the Shared Server
Supplies and Equipment Maintenance
- Fulfill staff supply requests
- Maintain office equipment (aka ensure copiers are operational and fully stocked with toner, paper, etc.)
- Conduct weekly supply inventory/equipment check and restocks as necessary
- Assist the Director of School Operations in preparing the campus annually for start-up/new school year launch
- Support the operations staff
- Assist the Director of School Operations with personnel and financial record keeping
- Assist the Student Services Manager with coordination of school events, test administration and processing, production and distribution of school memos, etc.
- Assist with filing of documents and records
Skills and Characteristics
- A cheerful and welcoming demeanor
- Spanish Fluency
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational skills
- Takes instruction well, but does not wait for it
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and databases
- The desire and capacity to join the team of a start-up, nonprofit organization
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, highly disciplined, sometimes unpredictable school environment
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and roll-up-my-sleeves attitude
- Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university
- 0-2 years of previous office management/administrative experience
Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
To Learn More About AF and Apply:
Please visit the Achievement First careers site at www.achievementfirst.org/careers/.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/.